ActiveCampaign vs. Benchmark Email
Compare how ActiveCampaign and Benchmark Email differ to learn which software is better for your email marketing needs.
Email Marketing Software
Your comparison list is empty
Add providers, compare them, and choose the best solution for your business.
Frequently compared with
When selecting the right email marketing software for your business, it's essential to consider a variety of factors that impact both the effectiveness of your campaigns and the efficiency of your marketing efforts.
This quick guide will help you decide between ActiveCampaign and Benchmark Email by comparing the most critical aspects of email marketing software to ensure you make an informed decision that aligns with your specific marketing objectives.
Clarify Your Email Marketing Requirements
Begin by outlining what you expect from your email marketing software. Are you looking to enhance your lead nurturing processes, automate your email campaigns, segment your audience more effectively, or analyze the performance of your emails? Understanding your primary goals will help you identify which features are most important to you.
For example, if you only want to send out a weekly newsletter to your audience, you could simply go for the easier and cheaper option without fearing that you are missing out. On the other hand, if you need specific features, look carefully to see which provider has them and which doesn’t. Also, think about the future and be realistic. If there are things that you are likely to need in the future, include them in your decision. If not or you don't know them yet, then leave this part out.
To make sure you don't forget anything, here is a brief overview of the most important aspects you should consider when comparing ActiveCampaign and Benchmark Email for your email marketing.
Key Areas to Evaluate and Consider
- Ease of Use and Design Flexibility: How important is it for you to have a software that is intuitive and easy to navigate? Making it easy for you to design emails, create campaigns, and manage your contact lists without a steep learning curve can significantly reduce the time you spend using the software. If that’s important to you, check the scores at the very top below the names of the providers.
- Features: Consider the core features that you want to use. Email marketing can even go as far as offering an entire CRM system and integrated landing pages. Generally, if a software has all the features you need, it can save you money by not having to find workarounds, switching it later on, or using additional tools on top.
- Marketing Automation: Automation capabilities enhance the efficiency of your email marketing efforts by sending a series of emails based on custom triggers (e.g. when someone signs up to your email list) and conditions (e.g. sending the next email after waiting for 3 days). If you plan to create more complex automation sequences you may want to look for abilities like website tracking to send emails based on web pages a subscriber visited or automation splits to test the performance of your automation paths. If that’s not you, it will be enough to look for an automation builder and simple if/else conditions or simply ignore marketing automation entirely if you just plan to send scheduled bulk emails every now and then.
- Analytics and Reporting: Understanding how your emails perform is crucial for optimizing your campaigns. Analytics that track open rates, click-through rates, and other relevant metrics let you understand what works and what doesn’t. This data is pretty much standard with all providers that offer analytics, so just check if they are available. If you want to go one step further to test and improve the performance of individual campaigns, make sure that A/B tests are available.
- Pricing: Pricing structures vary widely among email marketing software providers. Mostly you’ll pay based on the size of your subscriber list, while a few others just focus on the amount of emails you can send. However, some providers also do a combination of both. To avoid a surprise, look at both, the number of emails and respective contacts when comparing pricing. You can find this info in the pricing and features section. In addition to the bare figures, remember the value of individual features for you. Premium email marketing software providers can mostly justify a higher price with more and better functionalities which can mean an overall better price-performance ratio (if you use these additional features).
Making Your Decision
After reviewing these key areas, weigh ActiveCampaign and Benchmark Email against your specific needs and goals. It's not just about choosing the most feature-rich or cheapest software but selecting the tool that aligns with your marketing strategy and enhances your ability to connect with your audience effectively.
If you're finding it difficult to decide after comparing both options, consider testing the tools for free to see firsthand which one you like more. In case you’re not sure about either of them, take a look at our overall Best Picks. There we list the best providers considering the whole market. And if that's not enough, try our Finder Tool to receive a personalized recommendation of the best email marketing software tailored to your requirements.